The light shines
And guides or blinds
The way is set
A back turned on the past
A marked heart
Bound to forget
Circumstance or chance
We all start the same they say
To justify the greed
When denying the need
Hate to help
A handout perpetuates
Is a thin line and
Quicksand doesn’t discriminate
Toss a coin to determine fate
Born too early or born too late
Not exactly born with a clean slate
– Written for Pix To Words Pic And A Word Challenge #86. Word and photo prompt. Word prompt was “hate”. Photo prompt by Patrick Jennings.
– On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea’s Sunday Trees #286 – May 7, 2017. Photos ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
Today is a rainy day…
– Musin’ With Susan’s Macro Moments Challenge #37: Water. Highlighting macro & close-up photography. Photo ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
– DE MONTE Y MAR’s Tuesdays of Texture: 2017 Week 18. Photos ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
Can anyone guess what this is?
– PhoTrablogger’s Mundane Monday Challenge #107. Find the beauty in the mundane. Photo ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
Spring has sprung in my neighborhood.
– On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea’s Sunday Trees #285 – April 30, 2017. Photos ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
She wore a black hood; black as night, dark as death, so she could hide among the shadows in the alley, the blind spots behind lampposts, and in the corners of your room. When your heart missed a beat, and your breath wouldn’t come, know that fear had stolen them for herself.
– Written for Sacha Black’s Writespiration #110 52 Weeks in 52 Words Week 14. Prompt was “the girl that wore the black hood.” WC 52. Photo from MaxPixel.