The harvest moon shines –
Golden spotlight revealing
Fall’s color palette
And spectrum of emotion
At once illuminated
– My first attempt at a Tanka. Written for Silver’s Tanka Tuesday Challenge #1. Word prompts were “harvest” & “moon” or synonyms of those. Painting by George Hemming Mason.
– On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea’s Sunday Trees #255 – October 2, 2016. Photo ©2016 Leara Morris-Clark.
Leaves crunch underfoot
Colors adorn the path home
Autumn air chills
– Written for Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge #116. Word prompts were “home” & “leaves” or synonyms of those. Photo by Dominic Alves.
Seasons come and go
Downpours of rain, then ice and snow
Sunshiney days and a cool evening breeze
Budding flowers and leaves falling from trees
Time passes on while nature puts on a show
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 39: Seasons. Photo from PublicDomainPictures.net.
Sunshine hides, clouds reign –
Leaves and branches bow under
Fall rain’s tranquil mood
– Written for Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge #115. Word prompts were “Clouds” & “Sunshine” or synonyms of those. Photo from Pixabay.com.
Happy to see the first golden touches of fall.
– On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea’s Sunday Trees #253 – September 18, 2016. Photo ©2016 Leara Morris-Clark.
Long, flat, green leaves sway
Cattails bend but do not break
In the autumn wind
– Written for Haiku Horizons Week 133. Prompt was “bend.” Image from PublicDomainPictures.net.