wind plucked branches played
a symphony of springtime
– Written for Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge #251. Word prompts were “plucked” & “played” or synonyms of those. Image by Lolame from Pixabay.
– DE MONTE Y MAR’s Tuesdays of Texture: 2017 Week 32. Photos ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
– On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea’s Sunday Trees #286 – May 7, 2017. Photos ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
Today is a rainy day…
– Musin’ With Susan’s Macro Moments Challenge #37: Water. Highlighting macro & close-up photography. Photo ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
Seasons come and go
Downpours of rain, then ice and snow
Sunshiney days and a cool evening breeze
Budding flowers and leaves falling from trees
Time passes on while nature puts on a show
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 39: Seasons. Photo from PublicDomainPictures.net.
Bees court the flowers
Soft petals open freely
– Written for Haiku Horizons Week 132. Prompt was “court.” Image from Wikimedia.
The rain was welcome though it did nothing to fight the heat. The thick humid air was suffocating. I stood on the porch and drops of sweat pooled drenching me, while I watched raindrops gather on flower petals.
– Written for Day 10 of Awake August 2016, 31 Days of Mindful Writing in the form of Small Stones (concise daily observations) from Writing Our Way Home.