– DE MONTE Y MAR’s Tuesdays of Texture: 2017 Week 32. Photos ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
– On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea’s Sunday Trees #286 – May 7, 2017. Photos ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
Today is a rainy day…
– Musin’ With Susan’s Macro Moments Challenge #37: Water. Highlighting macro & close-up photography. Photo ©2017 Leara Morris-Clark.
Seasons come and go
Downpours of rain, then ice and snow
Sunshiney days and a cool evening breeze
Budding flowers and leaves falling from trees
Time passes on while nature puts on a show
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 39: Seasons. Photo from PublicDomainPictures.net.
Bees court the flowers
Soft petals open freely
– Written for Haiku Horizons Week 132. Prompt was “court.” Image from Wikimedia.
The rain was welcome though it did nothing to fight the heat. The thick humid air was suffocating. I stood on the porch and drops of sweat pooled drenching me, while I watched raindrops gather on flower petals.
– Written for Day 10 of Awake August 2016, 31 Days of Mindful Writing in the form of Small Stones (concise daily observations) from Writing Our Way Home.
The warm sea breeze blows –
Campanulas sway, ringing
Across Greek Isles
– Written for Carpe Diem Haiku Kai’s Carpe Diem Special #216. Response to two Haiku by Patricia Donegan, “lean into the wind.” Photo from Wikimedia.