The sight of your unfurling leaves
Many shades of green
And newborn buds beginning to form
Is a bittersweet welcome to Spring
You bow your boughs
In the breeze waving a forgiving farewell
To the last remnants of a harsh winter
And instinctively stretch your enduring limbs
Toward the warm nourishing sun
It’s your time to follow through
With your seasonal obligations
You flourish center stage
And carry out your devoir with pride
As you excitedly cast your pollen on the wind
A choir of sneezes applauds your performance
And bid a bittersweet welcome to Spring
– Written for WordPress Blogging University, Intro to Poetry, Day 9: Landscape, Apostrophe. Photo from PublicDomainPictures.net.
Of Love And Other Demons
And Still I Rise
Out Of The Night
The Prisoner Of Heaven
Out Of Time
Just Say Yes
A Room Of One’s Own
A Life Of One’s Own
The Sweet Spot
– Written for WordPress Blogging University, Intro to Poetry, Day 7: Flavor, Found poetry: Book Spine Poetry. Photo is of some of my books.
Dodging insults hurled like bullets
Willing myself to be invisible
Sticking to the perimeter behind enemy lines
Ducking into the nearest open classroom door like diving into a foxhole
Camouflaging myself in groups of teachers to avoid the assailants
Watching the time counting down as I finally join my allies
My comrades and I have strength in numbers
Navigating middle school is like fighting a daily battle
My social life is on the line
– Written for WordPress Blogging University, Intro to Poetry, Day 4: Journey, Simile. Photo by Richard Caton Woodville, Jr., from Wikipedia.
Family by choice, in spite of repeated objection,
Risk of rejection.
Innocent love, in light of dejection,
Endeavors to remain true.
Never apart by heart from you.
Devoted friends and lovers by
– Written for WordPress Blogging University, Intro to Poetry, Day 3: Friend, Acrostic.
Orange purple sky
Raging ocean’s challenge
Surfs up at sundown
– Written for WordPress Blogging University, Intro to Poetry, Day 1: Water, Haiku. Photo from PublicDomainPictures.net.