All I want is for you to be near
I try not to wonder how long you’ll be here
So many things in life cannot be controlled
I only want to hold you until we grow old
Losing the one I love is my biggest fear
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 40: Fears. Photo by Leara Morris-Clark ©2016. “Biggest Fear” made the top 5 in this contest.
Seasons come and go
Downpours of rain, then ice and snow
Sunshiney days and a cool evening breeze
Budding flowers and leaves falling from trees
Time passes on while nature puts on a show
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 39: Seasons. Photo from PublicDomainPictures.net.
The screaming banshee howled through the night.
We cowered in the shadows to hide from the fright.
She rages on, for death she sees.
We hold our breath, close our eyes, and freeze.
Someone wouldn’t see the morning light.
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 37: Dark. Photo from Wikipedia. “Song of the Banshee” was awarded 2nd place in this contest.
There was a girl, who lived under the sea,
A bored teenager who wanted to be free
To walk upon the land and
Dig her toes in the sun-warmed sand
So, she traded her voice for a man, enduring conflict to a degree.
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 36: Fairytale. Prompt was “fairytale.” Photo from Wikipedia.
The ring you gave as a symbol of trust,
My tears have now turned to rust.
Your feelings were fake, along with the ring,
Nothing more than some cheap ass bling.
Though I had love, it seems you only had lust.
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 35. Prompt was “trust.” Photo from Wikimedia.
You birth a child you should care for but instead neglect.
You have what some others wish they could get.
Maybe there is a plan
That I don’t understand,
Or is the dice rolled to select?
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 30. Prompt was “antonyms.” Photo from Pixabay.com.
The past stays in the past.
Some wish they could get there fast
To undo some things they’ve done,
Maybe have a bit more fun
And prolong some things that didn’t last.
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 29. Prompt was “time travel.” Photo by JD.