Solitude and sand
mix with salty ocean breeze –
Winter dreams of spring
hazy morning beams,
refractions through lapping waves
brighten the blue depths
– Submitted to pure haiku for the month of February’s Ocean theme. It did not make the cut but I wanted to share it with you all anyway.
Waves lap beneath. Meteors rain. An unassuming girl in an unassuming house extends an inhuman mind across galaxies to a long forgotten home.
– Written for Kat Myrman’s Twittering Tales #18. Photo prompt. CC 140. Photo from Pixabay.com.
– Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Looking Through a Window. Photos ©2016 Leara Morris-Clark.
– Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Liquid. Photos ©2016 Leara Morris-Clark. This post was awarded featured blog for this challenge.
– The Daily Post Photo Challenge: H2O. Photo ©2009 Leara Morris-Clark.