Are we kind by design –
And does it lessen with
Or do we find it tested
When we’re on the run –
Under the baking sun?
Will our selfishness be bested?
It was suggested –
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Is it really our vanity that fuels what we do?
Is altruism even true?
What is the meaning of kindness?
Is it clarity or blindness?
Define human kindness –
Are we the center of the universe?
It should be simple
But I have so many questions
Though mostly I have a question of myself –
Why do I need to even think about this?
– Written for Ronovan Writes. A Thursday reflection on kindness. March 28, 2019.
– Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Light Greens. Photos ©2016 Leara Morris-Clark.
An alley in Waltham, Massachusetts. Same door, different angles, different reflections…
– Norm 2.0’s Thursday Doors – August 18, 2016. Photo ©2016 Leara Morris-Clark.
– Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: 2016 Week 31. Photos ©2016 Leara Morris-Clark.
You can’t see me from where I sit high above you in my office. I wonder if you know I see the reflection of you and your car in the apartment windows across the street.
It makes me also wonder who can see me from afar.
– Written for Day 3 of Awake August 2016, 31 Days of Mindful Writing in the form of Small Stones (concise daily observations) from Writing Our Way Home.
– Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: 2016 Week 29. Photos ©2016 Leara Morris-Clark.