I watch the blur of green trees
As the train speeds past
I see layers of graffiti on the overpass
The most recent tag green
I pick at the peeling green vinyl
On my backpack
I scuff the toe of my shoe
Against a green penny stuck to the floor
The subway car is full of people
Passing time Passing life
The prompt is “green pennies” from Maria Giesbrecht @theguelphpoet on Instagram. April 15, National Poetry Month 2022.
“Only time will tell,” she said with a smile and mischievous wink.
“Oh, well we’ve got nothing but time,” I replied while spinning the hands backward.
Time flies when you’re having fun.
– Written for Sonya’s (Only 100 Words) Three Line Tales: Week 165. Photo prompt by Stijn te Strake. WC 40.
I once said I thought distance was best.
I needed to think, to plan, to test.
My mind changed in no time.
I asked you to be mine,
Now history has archived the rest.
Our wedding day, October 13, 2007. – Written for dVerse Poetics: Pentimento. In honor of up upcoming Valentine’s Day, I wrote this little (loose) limerick. Photo by Brett Clark ©2007. Edited by Leara Nicole Morris-Clark ©2018.
Mother chose a magazine from the stack. She flipped pages and sipped her juice. My tail twitched uncontrollably. The pigeon stared at me. I remained calm. I couldn’t get to him this time with the window closed between us. “I only want to talk!” I meowed and my claws popped out involuntarily.
– Written for Sacha Black’s Writespiration #101 52 Weeks in 52 Words Week 5. Prompt words were “time, stack, juice, pigeon.” WC 52. Photo from simple pimple.
Tears and rain fall down.
Hearts break, thunder crashes, and
The lightning brightens
Missing the times of laughter.
– Written for Silver’s Tanka Tuesday Challenge #8. Word prompts were “time” & “laughter” or synonyms of those. Photo from Pixabay.
Seasons come and go
Downpours of rain, then ice and snow
Sunshiney days and a cool evening breeze
Budding flowers and leaves falling from trees
Time passes on while nature puts on a show
– Written for Limerick Challenge Week 39: Seasons. Photo from PublicDomainPictures.net.
Beach time is measured
By waves caressing the shore
As summertime wanes
– Written for Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge #113. Word prompts were “Beach” & “Time” or synonyms of those. Photo from Pixabay.com.